Tuesday, February 8, 2011

08: gift from the heart

Lesson 6 & 7 are coming... But Mike has been super busy and it is hard to get the perfect picture for them. But #8: something they have said, promised, done or given.

For the last two years Mike has been in Paris on Valentine's Day. I don't really mind if he has work trips on holidays... as long as he is home for the really important days like my birthday, kid's birthdays, Christmas or MY birthday. The first time I asked him to bring me home something "French" & "Valentine's Day-ish". He had a hard time figuring out something that I would love. He ended up getting me some wonderful smelling French perfume called Chloe (yes he picked it because of the name). I don't wear perfume but I really do like this one (I think I have put it on twice).

The next year he brought home something way better than perfume, jewelry, flowers or chocolate... Balsamic Vinegar! I love this guy!!! I made it last almost a year and last weekend I went to the craft store and got a flower to stick in the bottle (It looks great in my kitchen).

After spending a few days playing with the focal points and metering today was the day. Today's lesson: Baby steps to manual mode... at least I get to take baby steps. I just spent 30 min figuring out the in-camera light meter. With a little help from the new lights Mike got to help us start our garden I got a very nice picture (along with some very NOT nice ones) of my vinegar bottle.

No comments: