Thursday, September 16, 2010

What is this THING?

I found this at the local farm market (Adams Farm) and couldn't pass it up!







They had it labeled "Peanut Squash". After googling "peanut squash" all I could find were links to Delicata Squash (also called a peanut squash). So I did what any other googler would do... I googled "squash with peanut like wart" and found some people are calling them "Peanut Pumpkins". Come to find out it is called Galeux d'Eysines and it is a French heirloom traditionally used in soups and sauces. YUM!! I plan to put the 15 pound giant in the oven today.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Nickie said...

peanut squash? I was thinking brainy pumpkin ;-)
how'd it taste?

Cori said...

Yeah, AHHH! It still creeps me out, but I would love to try a pie or a soup!