Saturday, August 23, 2008

"Camping"

We have wanted to go camping all summer but with Mike being super busy with work and all the other things going on we just have not found the time. Last weekend Mike's mom and dad went away for the weekend, so we went "camping" in their backyard. It was a last minute decision around 6pm so we packed the van and made our way out to Grandma's house. We got the tent up and the fire started just before dark. After getting ready for bed we sat around the camp fire and roasted hot dogs and made s'mores. Gabriel sat watching the fire for a long time before falling asleep (without a fight). During the night somehow Dutchess rolled over and opened the plug to the air mattress so out came the loud pump. Gabriel did wake up once but went back to sleep easily after drinking a bottle. So overall it was not too bad of a night with four people and two dogs in a tent. :)

The next morning at 5:30am it was time to wake up, or Gabriel said it was. Mike took him inside to make a bottle and try to get him back to sleep. After my two heaters were gone, I got really cold so I was glad we had a place to "cheat" as Mia put it. Mike made breakfast and I took a nap on the couch. After it warmed up out Mia rode her bike around the yard and we started up the fire and roasted hot dogs for lunch. I didn't get any pictures of the "camping" but I did get some on the way home.




Even Dandelion was exhausted.

2 comments:

Nickie said...

I think I would be sleeping in the car too! ;)
Sounds like it was a good idea to make a "practice" run at Grandma's at this camping thing.
It also sounds like the dogs need their own tent! ha ha!

Anonymous said...

You didn't tell me you had sooo much FUN! You're welcome to camp in the back yard anytime...I wouldn't even mind if you camp IN the house!