Wednesday, August 27, 2008

9 Months

That's right, 9 months already. With Mike being gone this week, I scheduled Gabriel's 9 month check up for next Thursday. I will let you know all the fun height and weight stuff then. My guess is he weighs at least 21 pounds. But for now here are a few updates on what's new with Mr. Gabe.

* He is a talker~he has been very vocal all along but now he is starting say some words along with all the babble. His first was "mama" but he only said it twice so I am not even sure it was real. For sure he is saying "dada" and "bye-bye" although bye-bye comes most often after whoever has already walked out of the door. I noticed today he was making a sound that kind of sounded like when I am calling Mia down from her room. He did it every time I would call her. He stopped whatever he was doing, looked around, and kind of listened for her to come down the stairs. Somewhat like this:

Koleen: "MEE-ah"
Gabriel: "deeee-ah"

Anyway, it was very cute.

* He is starting to pull himself up with whatever he can grab onto. The crib rail was the first thing. It will not be long until he is trying to climb the stairs.

*He likes playing in the dog's water...Ewww! Anytime he gets a chance he is heading for it. He tipped it over once and got soaked. Now he just splashes in it for as long as he can before I pick him up and take him back into the other room. Then he is off again.

Trying to corral Gabriel while folding laundry. (This picture reminds me, I need to get online and order some diapers.)

Dog water, fun!

So true :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that he's trying to call Mia! SO CUTE!

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

What a ham!! very cute!

Jessica said...

I am behind on reading this! Sounds like Gabriel is a busy boy! :) Holly isn't even crawling yet, but she scoots around on her little butt!