Friday, May 30, 2008

6 Month Check Up

Today Gabriel had his 6 month well child check up and he is doing great. He weighs 17 pounds and is 27 1/4 inches long! I will be going to Ron & Chloe's tomorrow to look on the wall and see how old Mia was when she was 27 inches tall (we have a very scientific growth record for her). I just never imagined that I would have a baby in the 75th percentile for his height! He is going to be taller than I am by the time he is 12. But that is nothing new. My BABY brother Jacob is 12 and he is way taller than I am.
Baby Jacob Then

Baby Jacob Now



But this blog is about how big Mr. Gabe is not my big/little brother.

Mia was a very big help today, she fed Gabriel his apples while I made soup for dinner. She was so excited because this was the first time I let her feed Gabriel all by herself. She even got to give him a few Cheerios which he LOVES to squish between his gums and "chew" them up. He can't quite pick them up and get them in his mouth yet but he likes to try. :)



3 comments:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

what a great help u got there!

Anonymous said...

Awww! I love the "Jacob then" picture you chose! I can't believe how big Gabriel's getting! It hasn't been THAT long since the last time I saw him!

Nickie said...

awww, I wanna hurry up and get home! I am afraid Mia will be driving Gabriel to school before I get there! ;) These kids are growing up so fast!