Thursday, March 4, 2010

Lazy Triathlon

During the month of March at the Jackson YMCA they are having their annual "LAZY TRIATHLON". I thought about doing this last year but decided not to because COME ON it's a lot more running, biking and swimming (I don't swim!) than I do even in a month!!! BUT this year I am going to give it a shot. Better yet, Lisa and I are going to give it a shot (on our own). We will see maybe next year I will sign up to do it and get the T-shirt.

There are four goal levels: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Ironman. I am of course opting for the Bronze level! SO... as of March 1st I had 31 days to:
  • Bike 50 miles
  • Run/Walk 20 miles &
  • Swim 2 miles (144 lengths of the pool) EEK!!
I started a day late so that didn't help but I think I am off to a good start now. I have started an on-line log at running-log.com. If you would like to see how this is going for me HERE IS THE LINK. For the sake of keeping track I am logging my running and walking just as running. Don't for a minute think that I ran 3 miles in 3 days (I can only run about 1/8 of a mile right now without feeling like I'm going to die!).

4 comments:

Allison said...

Awesome! I like the idea too.

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

thats a pretty cool idea! maybe ill look into that for April on my own. :)

Cori said...

Good luck and have fun! I wish I'd do something like this.

Anonymous said...

Run a few laps for me, PLEASE!!!

Grandma K