Thursday, April 10, 2008

Our Vacation: Part 1: D.C.

I guess it takes a week after getting home from a trip to get everything settled and in it's "place". I am still looking for our camera and Mia's camera. So sorry to say I will not have all of the pictures yet. But I do have a few and I can tell you the details of the trip.

Thursday March 27th we picked Mia up from school right after recess, I thought that would be good because she could get a lot of energy out then sit in the van for 10-12 hours. The trip went very well and we arrived at my sister's around midnight.

On Friday we took the Metro to Union Station and walked around downtown D.C. The weather was perfect and the cherry blossoms where beautiful. Mia had quite the list of sites she wanted to see:
  • The White House
  • The Lincoln Memorial
  • The Washington Monument
  • Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
  • The Declaration of Independence
The only one we didn't get to was the Declaration of Independence because the line was way too long.


On the Metro going into D.C.


Saturday we took a trip to Ikea because I had never been. Mia really liked the play area where no grown-ups are allowed. After about 2 or 3 hours of shopping we relaxed around the apartment and played games.

Sunday we packed up to go visit Uncle Brian, Aunt Wendy, Gracie, & Emma in Connecticut. But before heading out we had yummy kabobs on the grill and went to the park to have a family photo shoot!



Coming soon, Our Vacation: Part 2: New York City!

1 comment:

Nickie said...

The picture of the 4 of you outside in the park turned out so good!
I can't wait to see, and hear, more about your trip!