Thursday, March 27, 2008

Are we there yet...

We are right now driving down I-70 on the way to visit Aunt Cori in Silver Spring, Maryland. I thought I was lucky traveling when I was a kid because we had a TV/VCR combo that could plug into the van. Well Miss Mia is all stretched out in the "way back" surfing the web on the laptop. Also for the trip we borrowed our friend Tim's GPS navigation system that hooks up to the computer, so every now-and-then from the backseat we hear Mia repeating from inside her headphones "1.6 miles stay left" or "48 miles exit right". The best part about this is we get to ask her, "are we there yet?"

4 comments:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

cant wait to see pics!! have a great time and tell Cori hi for me!!

Anonymous said...

I thought we were lucky too! Even when we were in the big van and there were all 5 of us and Jacob in his carseat on the way to Colorado. There weren't even enough seats in there! I remember saying, "I got the floor!" Looking back, that was really unsafe of us, but I still think it was fun!

Anyway, hope you guys have fun! I bet you're there now!

Nickie said...

have lots of fun!!

Anonymous said...

When we were kids and would go "up north" for vacation, I always wanted the space behind the third seat in the station wagon. Talk about unsafe! of course that was prior to seat belts.

Hope you are having a good time. Give Corie and Paul a hug for me.

(I can never remember my login)
Grandma Kathy