Saturday, December 24, 2011

The 2011 Flashback Series: Wine-a-versary

Oct 7th 2011:

In October 2006 my friends and I took our moms up to Traverse City for a girl's weekend to celebrate my up coming wedding. In October 2011 my friends and I took our moms up to Traverse City for a girl's weekend to celebrate the 5th anniversary of that girl's weekend.
The weather was perfect, the food was delicious and it was great to get away with my favorite girls.



2006

We found a great cabin to stay at on vrbo.com. It was on a quite little lake and the colors were gorgeous. Nickie, Kathy, my mom and her friend Carol got there in time to go downtown for dinner. We ate at the North Peak Brewing Company and walked around town a little.

Saturday afternoon we headed up Old Mission Peninsula in search of food and wine. On the way up just by looking at the website and reading about their farm to table concept we decided to eat at the Boathouse Restaurant. The food was amazing! After lunch we stopped at a few wineries but decided standing in the lines and paying $5 a stop for 4 tastes was not worth it. We stopped at a little grocery store, grabbed stuff to make pizzas for dinner and each picked a bottle of wine. We had a fun night!

Sunday was the last day for most everyone (Nickie and I stayed an extra day). We spent the morning on the lake, the afternoon walking and riding bikes and just relaxing. After everyone left Nickie and I headed out to find an adventure (and food of course). We luckily ended up in Glen Arbor at Blu. We sat next to a couple who are regulars there and had wonderful conversation with our fabulous food. After a bottle of wine, salads, and our dinners we looked at the desert menu and talked about how full we were when out came THREE deserts that the couple we sat next to ordered for us. They said "we could not let you leave without trying these". I could not move after that!










1 comment:

Brandy said...

What a great idea!!